The Student Television Alumni Network (STAN) was formerly known as PaSTA. Up until 2016 it was an organisation within NaSTA, and an Alumni Officer sat on the NaSTA Executive Committee as a non-executive member. In 2016 it was decided to split the two organisations, to help both bodies achieve their aims, which will in turn benefit their respective members.
The role of STAN for NaSTA members is to provide you with access to alumni who have gone on from student TV into a wide range of media related careers: television, online, film, PR, advertising, journalism and more. STAN is made up of a wide network of media professionals who have worked for the likes of the BBC, ITN, Sky, Kiss FM, MediaCom, and the London Evening Standard, to name but a few! These alumni can be available to your TV stations for a number of different things, including; networking events, skills sessions, CV advice, work experience enquiries, awards judging, or even just a quick email exchange. And the best part is: they all want to help; they want to pass on their knowledge to you guys.
The role of STAN for NaSTA alumni is to facilitate the discussion and sharing of information between alumni, the administration of events for alumni, and provision of an online hub for alumni.
Please bear with us while the committee sort everything out – we are creating an entirely new organisation here, and it’s going to take time and patience – but don’t ever be put off from getting in touch. We’re here to help in whatever way we can.
Please contact [email protected] for any queries and suggestions.
Our mission statement:
- The name of the organisation is the Student Television Alumni Network (STAN)
- The purpose of STAN is to facilitate the discussion and sharing of information between NaSTA alumni, the administration of events for alumni, provision of an online hub for alumni, and liaison with the NaSTA Executive Committee
- Membership is free and open to any NaSTA alumni, i.e those who were members of NaSTA affiliated student television stations at university
- Management of STAN will be conducted by a committee of volunteers, made up of a Chair, Secretary, Web Officer, and no more than five Ordinary Members
- STAN committee members will meet at least twice a year